Are you a local developer seeking an experienced and bankable international partner? If so, contact Scatec Solar to discuss the opportunity. Below you will find a summary of our proven partnership approach for successful implementation of solar projects.
- Highly experienced solar power producer (IPP) - With a focus on new and emerging markets. We possess broad international experience from successful development of more than 1000 MW of solar PV plants across 4 continents, 322 MW under operation/ownership, plus an additional 394 under construction and 749 MW in project backlog. Please see here for an overview of our current portfolio.
- Solid financials & geared for growth - Listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange in Oct 2014 raised 80m USD to reach the growth target of 1,300-1,500 MW of plants in operation and under construction by end of 2018 results in a strong funding base combined an appetite for complex and new PV markets.
- “One-stop shop” partner – With a flexible integrated business model Scatec Solar incorporates all aspects required to bring solar power to the market; business and project development, financing, construction, ownership and operations of solar power plants. This also makes the company independent of equipment supplier.
Financial track-record and unique partnership - Solid track record of raising more than 800m EUR in non-recourse finance through strategic partnerships with global, regional and DFI financiers. Furthermore, Scatec Solar has signed partnership agreements with Norfund (Norway's Development Fund for Emerging markets) and with IFC Infraventures (Sub-Saharan Africa).
Partnership with Norfund
Partnership with IFC
A proven early mover - Scatec Solar has repeatedly demonstrated unique abilities as an early mover in new emerging markets. E.g: South Africa, Rwanda, Jordan, Mali, Egypt and Honduras.
Some case study examples
Creating benefits for all relevant stakeholders
With our vision to improve our common future, Scatec Solar projects always seek to create benefits for all relevant stakeholders.
- Social responsibility – We develop partnerships for improving the future of local communities close to our solar plants in the countries we operate.
- Local content – Promote value creation and facilitate transfer of know-how by working with local suppliers and contractors, as well as hiring and training local workforces for execution and operation and maintenance.
- Carbon finance – Successfully registered a CDM Programme of Activities (PoA) with the aim of securing additional revenues from carbon reductions from all eligible projects.